As I’m in-between redundancy and a new role elsewhere, I’ve spent this week doing some freelance PR work. Thought I’d list some of the things I’ve been up to:
- Devising a tactical plan.
- Devising and making message simple and clear.
- Honing, managing and repeating message to clients with other ideas.
- Engaging audience/stakeholders who were, at best ambivalent.
- Failed to get sign-off on initial plan.
- Plan revisited and agreed with stakeholders.
- Had plans changed at last minute.
- Managed late night weather crisis involving some crisis communication and practical action.
- Spent another evening searching for stars with clients.
- Food tasting sessions for forthcoming event.
- Examination of new activities for future consideration.
- Persuaded client that original plan was best if it’d had been allowed to be executed as set out in original plan.
- Budget restructure followed by overspend elsewhere outside of my control.
- Activities evaluated and lessons learned for next campaign.
My clients are aged three and five. Think I’ve concluded that PR isn’t much different from being a parent.